Monday, March 29, 2010

Intro!

I've been playing Sims for years now - since the very first Mortimer and Bella were happily married and having happy, little, generic Sim babies. I love this game and still play any chance I get!

With Sims 2, I had started a Legacy Challenge and blog (here) with the same basic principle. I had decided to start my family in the late 1800s, each generation being born 20 yrs after the first - bringing my 10th generation into the year 2000. As you'll see, I only got to about Generation 5. Of course, I was trying to play all of the families individually (without the luxury of Sims aging on their own in other households, like in Sims 3).

Playing a legacy in the Sims 3 has proven much easier, though in some ways, it's too easy. Hopefully with this blog, I will focus more on the story of my Legacy family, and less about just getting to the next generation.

Like my Sims 2 Legacy, I'm not following any specific legacy rules. I'm just going through 10 generations of my family, starting in the year 1840. I'm not using any money cheats or any others unless there's an "emergency", like for instance, when my Sim got 'stuck' on the neighbor's side porch for 24 hours. ;-)

Also, with Sims 3, I've been playing per the Legacy rule that says you have to keep at least 1 heir in your main house from each generation. I've been moving the others out but still keeping them in my family tree (in gray type in the blog).

Thanks for reading!
A

P.S. Photos to come!

For custom-built Sim Homes, check out my site: Aralyn's Sim Homes

3 comments:

  1. What Legacy rules were you following?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed this when you commented! I searched on the forum at the Sims 3 site and via Google - some of the rules I've followed in the past were pretty intense, so for this one I wanted to just get to 10 generations and tell the story of their lives. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a page through the Sims forums that lists one person's set of legacy rules.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/39862.page

    ReplyDelete